Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Stop! Whatever you are making for dinner tonight...make this.

Chicken Chilaquiles (adapted from Everyday Food: Great Food Fast)


Serves: 4 and makes fantastic leftovers

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon EVOO
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 can (28 oz) whole peeled tomatoes in puree
1 small can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, finely chopped (found in mexican aisle)...I used whole can, why waste?
Salt
1 small roasted chicken, skinned and shredded (about 4 cups)
1/2 cup cilantro + more for garnish
4 cups tortilla chips
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup crumbled feta

Recipe:
1. Combine oil and garlic in large saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is fragrant and sizzling, 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Add the tomato can (breaking up tomatoes), chipotles and adobo sauce, and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil; season with salt. Reduce the heat and simmer rapidly until lightly thickened, 6 to 8 minutes.
3. Add the chicken and cook, stirring, until hot, about 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in chopped cilantro.
4. Divide the chips among 4 shallow bowls; top with the chicken mixture and sauce. Garnish with cilantro, sour cream, and feta. Yum.

1 comment:

  1. A WHOLE CAN of chipotles would pretty much blow me outta the water. I'm impressed! I freeze the remainder in a little Tupperware and scoop out a tablespoon or so whenever I want to add it to a recipe-- a little goes a long way! Looks delish :)

    ReplyDelete