Saturday, February 6, 2010

Do You Dare?

In my quest to become a more frequent blogger I have decided to partake in a cooking/baking challenge. This will serve many purposes: (1) I will update this blog more often, (2) I will be forced to expand my kitchen skills, (3) P & I will have delicious new recipes to eat, (4) You will all take pity on my poor quality photos and help me convince P that I desperately need a new camera.

This challenge is hosted by http://thedaringkitchen.com/ which has nearly 4000 other members completing the same recipes monthly. Previous dishes include: Nanaimo Bars, Satay, Beef Wellington, Gingerbread Houses, Sushi, Cannoli, Chicken Pho, French Macarons, Indian Dosas, and Vols-au-vent. I am not sure what I just got myself into and hopefully there will be more successes than failures, but I am very excited to share this experience with you all.

I found a couple of older photos of P & I's quality kitchen skills to share with you.

P attempting to "soften" the sound of his homemade peanut butter with a towel. Oh the joys of apartment living.

Crock-pot chicken. It was moist and yummy, but the fact that we had to pan sear the chicken before putting it in the pot annoyed me. I am a firm believer that crock-pot recipes should be that and nothing more.
Signing up for the daring kitchen was very easy, although there is a waiting period before you are able to join in the fun. My first secret recipe will be announced February 17th by the Daring Cooks and I will have one month to complete the challenge. You will have to wait until March 14th (the designated reveal date) to see if it was a kitchen disaster or a recipe keeper. Time to get out the old camera and its charger...it will make its permanent home in our kitchen. So have I persuaded you to join the fun?

1 comment:

  1. My grandma made CrockPot chicken once, and didn't pan sear it-- so its not completely necessary. However, I must say that your chicken looks wayyy better than hers did- without the searing, the skin had no color and looked kind of gray and disgusting (although it still tasted great!)

    ReplyDelete