Sunday, June 10, 2012

Progress

I spent some time the other day thinking about why it has been so long since either one of us has posted anything. Being busy jumped to the top of the list, but specifically for me there were several other reasons. First, the pace of fourth year was a little frantic. I had several rotations where I was only on a service for a week, which based on the volume and the fact that posts would have been low quality kept me from writing about them. In addition to that the application and interview process was stressful, and I was weary about posting my thoughts online. Of course anyone who read before knows by now that our lives have moved forward even as the blog has stayed silent.

Erin transfered to a different department at her hospital, I matched into general surgery here in Memphis, we own a house, and I graduated from medical school. I am going to say there is no time like the present and just skip the details.

There will be a slight shift in the focus of the blog since I have decided that writing about my job could get murky. There are a lot of concerns about privacy and professionalism when writing about medicine and many well-intentioned people have created big problems for themselves. Some get around this by writing anonymously which grants the freedom to write nearly anything they want, but that isn't a path I am interested in at this point since I can't keep up with even one place to post content. Posts about residency will be pretty general and perhaps less interesting, but hopefully still insightful to those who just want to know the basics.

I am going to spend some more time writing about the domestic front and the progress of our first home. There are a lot of things that really excite me about the house on Melrose, and some things that certainly need work.



Time to beat some life back into this old blog, hope everyone enjoys the revival.

PS

No comments:

Post a Comment