Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Honeymoon! (Part 1) The Drive to Asheville

We headed out early Monday morning for Asheville, NC. We were packed to the gills, but happier than ever to begin our first vacation as a Mr. & Mrs. :) I took this photo just before leaving our beautiful hotel in downtown Gainesville.
I have approximately 5 million photos of Patrick just like this one (thanks to over 25 hours in a car)

On one of our much needed breaks (bathroom breaks, gasoline breaks, etc.). I think this was at a rest stop in South Carolina?

I love Patrick's wedding band. Another picture taken due to long hours in the car.
We were very prepared with leftover chicken & hamburger patties from the wedding and slices of our wedding cake! Unfortunately our clever bags of ice decided to leak in the cake box which left us with soggy cake...yuck! It was tossed. But luckily I decided we needed to bring 1 of the 2 cake rounds saved for us from the wedding (the 2nd one is in Grama's freezer awaiting our return). (soggy cake = sad face)

Our first glimpse of "real" mountains. Of course I switched the traditional "I see the buildings" with "I see the mountains" (note: Robertson tradition - first person to see buildings of major city, usually Jax, shouts out "I see the buildings" for bragging rights...of course I always win) :)

We decided on the scenic route to Asheville, a little bit out of the way but completely worth it! Patrick is very familiar with this route because he spent many summers as a little kid going to camp in North Carolina. We passed right by his old stomping grounds at High Rocks camp, so of course I made him take a picture with the sign. He was thrilled it smelled exactly like he remembered, I'm sure it bought back a lot of good memories.

1 comment:

  1. Great pics. You should send the High Rocks pic to Hank & Townsend at the camp. You two sure packed a lot into that car!

    Love to the Mr & Mrs from Mom (no longer MOG)

    ReplyDelete